Here’s the Readers’ Digest version of the recent Annual General Meeting held at the home of Danby Crowder.
Executive members present: Rob Metcalfe (el Presidento), Danby Crowder (Membership Director) and Roger Curtis (Treasurer and webguru). There were an additional six members present.
- Meeting called to order.
- Treasurer’s Report (see earlier post).
- Elections: current executive were asked if they would stand for the current year. Acclaimed.
- Vice President election: Craig Alder! This was cause for much celebrations, clapping and more. Kinda like this…
- Competition Director: while no one would officially adopt the mantel, Jordan and Dan said they would help out at what ever we come up with. See gif again.
- Affiliating with the National and Provincial RallySport governing bodies was the topic of much discussion.
- Changing Banking Signatories: an effort is underway to track down the previous signers and have them sign off. There are currently too many people who can sign cheques — most of whom are no longer executive members — and get the current exec included.
- Securing a Racing Vehicle for purposes of providing members with a car to try out racing was discussed. No firm decision has been made but most members thought it was a logical answer to introducing newcomers to the sport.
7. The possibility of hosting a second AutoSlalom was discussed. Danby will contact Loch Sloy regarding dates.