2018 VVGP Early-Bird SUPER SALE
Register before January 1, 2018 and save $100
Of course we have our regular run groups including…
- Vintage Historic cars built before 1973. Typically we will have in excess of 100 entries for this group and we run them on two grids for Friday and Saturday, then consolidate the grids for Sundays races
- Classic cars built between 1973 and 1997. We normally attract 50+ cars in the group and it makes for some very close racing
- Monoposto and Wings and Slicks. Single seat open wheel cars – for many the purest form of racing
We have three special races planned…
- SP1 Open Wheel Challenge held on Friday at the end of the day, any open wheeled car entered for the weekend is eligible of this session, F5000, RFFCS, Toyo, Monoposto.
- SP2 MGVR – Triumph Challenge being held at the end of the day on Saturday. This session is only for MG and Triumph based racing cars; and
- SP3 the VARAC Vintage Grand Prix is being held as the final session on Sunday, any Vintage, Historic, or Classic car (under 2500 pounds) is eligible for this session.
All of the special races are limited to 62 cars on track, entry is on a first come first entered basis with your preregistration.
Off track we have…
- The Steam Whistle Paddock Tour Friday evening (think of this as a roaming dinner party with free beer), followed by a live band, Kim and Company in the upper paddock
- Saturday we have a dinner/reception in the Conference Centre (cash bar) followed by the Safety Team party featuring the Mudmen, a Celtic rock band
- Sunday we have the Field of Dreams Car Show near corner 8, and the ever popular Legends of Motorsport Panel in the Conference Centre.
Admission to all of these off track events is included with your entry fee for the driver and one crew, additional tickets may be purchased when you preregister, or at the event.
We should also mention the Test Day, Thursday, June 14. $300 entry fee and four on-track sessions for each of open wheel, closed wheel, and lappers. The Test Day is mandatory for drivers who have not run the Mosport Grand Prix track before.
But wait, there’s more…
- This year we are being joined by the F5000 Revival Series
celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Series creation back in 1968. To commemorate this momentous occasion, we have asked Brian Redman, three-time F5000 Champion to be our Grand Marshal. It will be spectacular!
- Our event has been selected as an MGVR Focus event. We normally attract two or three MGs and their siblings; as a Focus Event who knows how many MGs we’ll see. As an added bonus for MG and Triumph drivers we have an extra “free” session to end the day Saturday.
- We are hosting the Royale Formula Ford Challenge Series. This group runs vintage, historic, club and post-club Formula Fords. We are excited to have them.
See you at the track!
VARAC (Member since 2006)