Wagner Motorsports — offering automobile transportation. Pickup or delivery. Mike Wagner 613 857 5218.
President, Events Director and Equipment Manager or still available.
Cheques are in the mail (Regional registration). Bank account is ~ $6700. Membership is growing and now numbers more than 45.
- New members welcomed.
- Roger reports no luck with attempting to retrieve equipment from Jon M. Rob B. will assist.
- Snow storm prevented planned visit to Picton to check out the storage container. We will try again in April.
- Duties for May Regional Autoslalom discussed. St LAC will manage registration and solicit food vendors.
- Awareness made of seasonal conflicts with Thursday meeting times and lapping at Shannonville. Peter will investigate options.
- T-shirt samples from Fast Eddies were presented. There was much discussion about whether these could be screened and offered as a commemorative item at the May Regional. It was suggested that they be given to registrants for free or sold to those in attendance. We also discussed whether or not these shirts should include the name of the event and/or a date on them. It was noted that this could be the last Regional at Picton given that it is for sale so left-over stock might be stale-dated (as it were). Costs will be investigated once we have settled on a design and presented to the membership at the next meeting for a vote. Watch the website for updates.
- Do’s and don’ts for the May Regional event were presented by Eric. These include (but not limited to): camping is free, no campfires will be allowed and drones will not be permitted given that this is a functioning airport.
- National Battery (660 Justus Dr, Kingston, ON K7M 4H4) gave our two battery packs a thorough going-over and tune-up. While not a sponsor, they will give you a discount if you are a member. If you agree to put a sticker on your car the amount of the discount will increase.
- It was suggested by John K. that the club might benefit from acquiring two new radios for use at events. The proposed radios will serve as a master or homebase and just as in the Lord of the Rings, will rule the others. John will investigate performance and price.
Changes to the Constitution
Proposed by Eric B. and seconded by Danby C. that the following changes to the St LAC Constitution be approved:
- Any executive member of the Saint Lawrence Automobile Club (St LAC) must be a paid-up member in good standing.
- An executive member of St LAC may not be a member of any other automobile club with the exception of CASC.
- That the club will continue to be a supporter of automobile rally sport in the province by being a member of the provincial sport governing body.
Please note that the above represents my interpretation of the actual language.
Errors? Omissions? Contact Roger at email@example.com